Saturday, June 14, 2008

Playing the Game



So you played the game

And you lost, my lad?

And you're battered and bleeding too,

And your hopes are dead,

And your heart is lead,

And your whole world's sad and blue.

And so you sob and cry

In your grief and your pain

For the hopes that had to die,

But the game is through

And it's up to you

To laugh though you want to cry.

For someone, there must be

Something to lose, my lad,

It's sad but it's always true;

And day by day in the games you play

It's sure sometimes has to be you

So grit your teeth to the pain, my lad,

For you bottled the best you could,

And there's never shame in the losing game

When you lose like a real man should

For after all, life is a game, my lad,

And we play it as best we may;

We win or lose as the gods may choose

Who govern the games we play

But whether we win or lose, my lad,

At the end when the battle is through,

We must wait with a smile

For after awhile

And the chances that will come anew


- I got this from my high scool yearbook's page. I posted this just to share with you my perception of life based on my experiences.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The poem is inspiring and it gives relevant ideas to ponder as we go on with our daily lives...

Anonymous said...

that poem is on our book you so












nice